- Class Blogs
- How To
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season – filled with great cheer, great food and great times. It was a relatively quiet holiday for our family as we used the first week of the holidays to get the family “stuff” out of the way and then did a lot of nothing for the second week. I watched a lot of Blu-Rays, levelled my Skyrim character up to 32, and gained 10 pounds from the vast amounts of xmas treats and chocolate that my wife made/bought.
The real highlight of my holidays was watching my daughter Sawyer experience her first real Xmas. I’ll try to get a video up ASAP for her reaction on Xmas morning but until then you’ll just have to believe me when I say that it was simply amazing.
Now, on to the important stuff. There’s only two weeks left until semester break – yes 2 weeks = ten classes. Were did the semester go? Everything flew by too quickly. We still have loads to do so we’re going to have to work our tails off to get everything completed in time. Buckle up kids, and hold on tight…..
But before we get to work, I came across this on Greyscalegorilla (who’s really awesome at Cinema 4D & animation tutorials) while learning how to do animated title sequences for movies – I’m thinking of putting out a monthly Vimeo movie on Sawyer and the new baby when he/she shows up in a couple of months, but that’s a story for another day. I saw it and immediately related to it’s message and thought it was especially good advice for all of you inspiring creatives – now and for the future. Do you agree with all of the rules?
- All owed time is due by the end of next week. Failure to complete your owed time will affect your mark.
- Photography 20s – there will be a final exam on the last day of classes.
- Photography 20s – be prepared to work outside during the last two weeks of classes. Come prepared.
- Photography 20s – this week there are three projects to complete, a PhotoMotion, a Panorama, and a Little Planet. And while technically this isn’t due until the end of the next week, you should be using your down time this week to start editing and compiling your end-of-year portfolio. Your portfolio will consist of 50 shots that you took over the course of the semester. As always, two versions will need to be handed in – one full resolution, full sized and one that has been resized down to 800px wide for the web.
- Graphics 20/30s – The last two weeks are dedicated to us working on yearbook and to finish any printing that isn’t complete. Those of you who didn’t get a chance to do all of your XMAS mugs can do them throughout the week.
Links of the week:
Time is nothing. Next level flexibility. 720 double kickflip slow motion. Inspiration for The Joker? Lexus concept car. Goalie scores. I love Vinnie Jones – call it a Bromance. Be careful when you make a gentlemen’s wager. This was on my Xmas list – I didn’t get it .
Songs of the week: Three 3 packs.
This week I present three-packs of some of my favorite artists.
1. The Watchmen. The greatest thing to ever come out of Manitoba.
2. Tracy Chapman. I’d pay pretty much anything to see her in an acoustic, intimate setting.
3. 90′s Love Songs. So cheesy you can’t help but listen.
Tagsadvice Bangles bob marley BOD changes chase jarvis favorite goodbye grad inspiration iPad kung fu last day MM Motion Media nirvana out-of-bounds PD photo Photo20 Photo30 photography portfolios Pottage Puff Daddy Regina Specktor riding giants Royksopp sample seamless security semester break sick summer superfad surf surfing tim mcgraw tonsilitis Tupac tutorial vid video weezer Zack Arias